Tuesday, March 29, 2005

CFI Sam

It's been a while since I've actively flight instructed, but I've kept my CFI certificate in case I want to do some part-time instructing down the road, even just for family and friends. Yesterday I got to do a little instructing for my former student Johnny.

Johnny lives in SoCal. He's a former minor rockstar (his band toured Europe with Van Halen & Journey) who owns and runs a successful distribution business with his brother and sister. He was one of the best students I ever had...he caught onto flying very quickly. He took his checkride shortly before I left instructing.

Johnny recently bought a 1984 Piper Warrior. I'd never seen it, and he needed a Biennial Flight Review (BFR) so I jumpseated down to Ontario yesterday & we did a few hours of ground and an hour of flying in his airplane. It was good fun, & reminded me of how much I enjoyed instructing, at least with good students.

And yeah, I want my own airplane. Just gotta pay off these student loans first...!

0 comments: