Thursday, June 30, 2005

Keepin' it real

Here's to my hard-working CFI friends, my freight dawg buds, to my fellow 3-stripers of the turbo trash & RJ kiddy variety... Some words of encouragement from Mr. Lover himself:

When I was young I use to dream of being rich
Have alot of houses and cars - couldn't know which one was which
And finding me a chick and getting hitched, living the fairy tale life perfect without a ditch
You think that this would bring me happiness, if at the end of every rainbow, there was a treasure chest
Sometimes having more is really less, so take a look inside yourself - you'll realize you're really blessed
No matter how inside you're blue, there's always someone who has it worse than you
Sometimes you gotta pay your dues - so don't worry just push on through.

Keepin' it real - gotta big up all my peoples who be working on the future, though they know they gotta struggle
Keepin' it real - to all my homies working on the 9 to 5 and doing right to keep themselves up out of trouble
Keepin' it real - although sometimes I know it seems impossible, there ain't no need in drowning in your sorrows
Keepin' it real - If things are as bad as they can be, you can be sure there'll be a brighter tomorrow

All the harsh realities appears to come into centuries
Don't worry cuz there'll be a better day
One thing I can promise you, just keep on keeping on
I swear to you there's gonna be a brighter day

--Shaggy, "Keepin' it Real"

0 comments: