Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Sunny Day...

...chases the winter blues away!

It's been raining for about a month straight, one storm after another. Nothing but clouds and rain and drearyness. The local news stations have been running a bunch of feature stories on mental health, like they're afraid the weather is gonna have depressed Northwesterners offing themselves by the dozens.

Boy, was today ever a welcome change. It was an absolutely gorgeous day across the Northwest, with clear sunny skies and unlimited visibility. If my work was anything other than flying, I would've called in sick, because it would've been an awesome day for skiing or hiking. But it was great weather for flying, too, so I went to work.

My first leg up to Seattle was deadheading, and I ended up sitting in the jumpseat so I took a few pictures.


Mt. Hood on takeoff out of PDX.


Downtown Seattle, turning base for SEA.


On final for 16R, clear view of Mt. Rainier.

And to top it all off, a very nice sunset:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lost Av8r said...

Do yourself a favour, print that last photo out and frame it, it's gorgeous.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Flygirl said...

I second that! You have a great eye for photography Sam! Glad some good weather finally rolled your way...I know how that can be...especially having spent most of my month in ORD!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, super pics, thanks!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home