Sunday, February 12, 2006

Great White North?

I have a trip starting today that overnights in Edmonton, Butte, and Edmonton again. It's been so nice around here that I really wasn't looking forward to heading up to Canada with all the snow and cold, etc. But then I pulled up the most recent METAR for Edmonton:

CYEG 122000Z 29013KT 15SM FEW120 BKN250 11/M08 A3007 RMK AC1CI1 SLP214

(translation: winds northwest at 15mph, good visibility, mostly sunny skies, 52 degrees Farenheit.)

Well sheesh. It's nicer up there than it is down here. And come to think of it, it's been nice every single time I've gone to Edmonton this winter. I haven't even had to put the inner lining into my flight jacket. Maybe I should bid more Canadian lines...

2 comments:

Aviatrix said...

We've had amazingly mild weather across the country this year. It's scary.

Anonymous said...

Just don't look up the METAR for YEG or YYC tonight...brrrr...