Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This bid is gonna royally suck

Apparently, the company is extremely short on MegaWhacker first officers right now. A bunch of reserve lines went unfilled (the only reason I got weekends off) at the same time they took over several flights from [XYZ Airline] that are staffed solely with reserves.

Yesterday they apparently junior manned 5 FO's. They called me in the morning but I didn't answer my phone (not required to answer on a day off). All yesterday's junior mannings were voluntary, so I could've (and would've) turned them down even if I answered the phone. But it's just a matter of time before I get a phone call that they're drafting me & there's nothing I can do about it....

See, weekends "off" was too good to be true...

P.S...Fellow FO's, stop answering your phone on days off!!! If they're unable to draft people, it forces them to hire more pilots, and that's good for all of us.

0 comments: