Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Resolution

The aviation blogosphere is a fairly small place, and the closest thing it has to an organization is a Pilotbloggers email list I subscribe to. A bunch of the other members are participating in a mass post today regarding New Year's Resolutions. Well, I don't normally do New Year's Resolutions - I moreso have a master list of long-term goals that get updated occasionally. But I haven't been a very good member of the aviation blogosphere lately - little reading, less linking - so I feel I should post something today.

My initial thought for a resolution is to remain employed as a pilot by the end of 2009. That's not really a good goal, though - there are too many factors outside my control. So that's more of a hope and a prayer than a resolution.

So my official resolution to finish the book by the end of the year. Not published, just finished.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the book?

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be one of the first in line to buy it. I wish you tremendous amounts of luck.

And lets hope both of your goals will remain valid by the end of '09.

Mark said...

I look forward to seeing a book from you and best of luck in the new year!!

Anonymous said...

Book. About time! *smile* I want an autographed copy Sam. I'll pay handsomely for it too! Grad school? MBA my suggestion, totally unqualified I might add, with a emphasis on marketing(as in "self").
Hang in there buddy! The light at the end of this tunnel will be the threshold lights!
Aloha!
Rick

Anonymous said...

HI Sam my name is Andrew can i have your email address because i am an aspiring pilot

I am from Singapore my email address is ac87_@hotmail.com hope you could give me some advice through there.

I will be going to Australia university of southern Australia UNISA to get a bachelor degree in aviation which comes with a CPL and frozen ATPL.

Is this a good stepping stone for me or should i just go for a course that solely concentrates on flight training?

How did your flying career first start out? I know most of you guys usually start out as instructors to clock your hours but how did you move on to a regional airline?

What do you think about Singapore's Airline industry do you think it would face the same issues as in America when 2012 comes and there will be massive retiremets? Thus opening up spaces for me because i graduate on 2012.

I would really appreciate your advice. Please email me at ac87_@hotail.com

By the way i really like your article on that pilot shortage great way to convince my parents. haha.

Anonymous said...

If your book is anything like your blogs, is should be outstanding!